Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mackenzie madness

I've been for what will probably turn out to be my last ski trip of the year, a jaunt through the Mackenzie.  Myself and a friend from the 'naki had a cruisey road trip, with good snow at Ohau and fair to middling spring corn at Mt Dobson.  Before this trip I'd just kind of touched on the edge of the Mackenzie, but this time I ploughed right on in.  It was one of those high-expectations-get-totally-exceeded type things.


I'm not even going to try and write how cool it was.


Although the Tasman valley and glacier was up there.


Mount Cook peeked through the clouds just so I could check how cool that was, too.


And after all the grand-scale mind-blowing alpine vistas, there were some fresh spring lakeside colours that were just - well, cool.

And it wasn't even that cold.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for reading - comments welcome!